Related releases


Eight migrants, seven Iraqis and one Iranian, were flown to their countries of origin on 25 February 2016, after they had decided to return home.

They were part of the group of migrants the Austrian authorities refused entry to on 13 February 2016.

They were placed at the Aliens Centre in Postojna, where Slovenian police officers presented the procedure and offered them the option of voluntary repatriation, which is carried out by the IOM (International Organization for Migration) together with the Police. The migrants decided to take this option and signed the voluntary repatriation agreement. As the reason for this decision they cited the fact that their expectations had not been fulfilled, so they wanted to return home as soon as possible.

The repatriation procedure is financed from the European funds at a rate of 75 per cent, while the remaining 25 per cent is covered by Slovenia.

Police Activities in Connection with Current Migration Flows